Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Dear Mom,
There were so many commercials this year for Lowe's or local gardens that made me want to go buy you a new bush or flowers.  The JCPenney commercials made me want to go clothes shopping with you. I would see a pretty purse and think, Mom would love that.  

Well, you weren't here. And I didn't have a reason to buy you a present. A friend suggested that I just buy something for you and keep it for myself. But that just didn't seem like any fun.  So instead, I made a donation to Europe's Children in your honor. You paid for 5 children from Romania and Kosovo to go to Kid's Camp.

I knew you would like it! Why? Well, because you love Europe, you were always a camp counselor for me, and you would rather I spend money on the "kingdom" that on a silly purse! 

Mom, I miss you so much. Today especially.  The sermon at church had me in tears just thinking about you and our last years together.  They were more precious to me than you will ever know. You were a one of a kind mom and taught me so much about loving God and loving others.  I hope to one day to be half as good as you were at being a mom.

Happy Mother's Day, Mom!

The donation paid for 5 of these kids to go to camp this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment